Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Vengeance

Johnnie To's masterpiece is a perfect blend of epic Asian & classic western. Brilliantly shot & acted - perfection. It's VERY rare for me to say I wouldn't change a single frame of a film. I am saying that now. This is just genius. 5/5

ADDED: Seriously... this is amazing. Maybe it's the Asia-phile in me, but the east-meets-west sensibility of To's direction was so damn perfect. Johnny Hallyday was absolutely amazing in the lead role, and at his age it's so rare to see this type of performance. I seriously want to round up the cast and crew of "The Expendables" and force them to watch this on repeat for a couple of days. Hey, Stallone! THIS is how you do an older man's revenge story, you jackass. RENT THIS!

Vengeance on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment