Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chukc & Buck

It takes a lot for a movie to inspire me to write more than a tweet or two, but this film deserves more. For me it is a very rare film that forces me to completely redefine of everything I think I know or understand about its plot or characters. It is rarer still that I believe in each and every moment of such a perception shift, and Chuck & Buck did all of that and more. This film is as low budget as a film gets, and yet the two leads are simply extraordinary. Mike White as Buck is simply a revelation, breathtaking in every moment on screen. I was utterly captivated and could not take my eyes off the screen. This is not the simple of goofy film it appears to be, but is instead a radical examination of humanity, of what is past, and of self. If you can stand low budget film and this sounds at all appealing, you need to watch this film. I'm amazed. 5/5

Chuck & Buck on Netflix 

No comments:

Post a Comment