Sunday, August 11, 2013

Antiviral

This is going to be longer, because a review of a film this innovative should be. This is the first feature from Brandon Cronenberg, which he both wrote and directed, and in one film I feel he has surpassed the best things his father ever did. It is, quite simply, the best sci-fi film I've seen in a long while and perhaps the most innovative one in years. The writing was marvelous, engaging, sinister, and disturbing, without ever breaking its own rules. The star of the film who I have never seen before, Caleb Landry Jones, was sheer perfection. Most everything about this film was just that - sheer perfection - and I feel sorry for the many on Netflix who gave this poor reviews after just not grasping the plot. This is the type of film ardent movie fans should be supporting, which is why I immediately bought it on DVD. I encourage anyone who likes visually stunning, dark, cerebral sci-fi films to watch this with haste - you will thank me. 5/5

Antiviral on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment