Saturday, February 20, 2016

Straight Outta Compton

I remember when the album "Straight Outta Compton" came out. I had never heard anything like it - it blew me away completely. I wore out a few copies of that cassette, that's for sure. This caught the magic that was that album and the subsequent drama that followed it. I am honestly stunned that Jason Mitchell and O'Shea Jackson, Jr. did not get nominations for their roles as Easy-E and Ice Cube. I haven't seen any of the films for Best Picture yet this year, but the quality of this film is easily better, in my opinion, to both "The Imitation Game" and "The Theory of Everything" which got nods last year. At the very least Mitchell should absolutely have a spot in the run for Best Actor, of that I'm damn sure. This is a powerful film about a powerful time in music. Watch this film. 4/5

Straight Outta Compton on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment