Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Life

Okay, I'm just going to address the very mixed reviews for this right away. I see both sides of the issue. Yes, the acting is very strong. The direction was engaging and excting, and I was incredibly intrigued by the life form. I was completely into the film from minute one. However, I see the point of the naysayers. This movie really was cliche after cliche after cliche. And, ultimately, given the parameters of the film, most of the choices made were idiotic and contradicted by the way the film draws to a close. Yes, I'm being really vague here to avoid spoilers, but I think readers will get my meaning regardless. I did have to give it an extra half star for the last two minutes of the film though, because WOW. That alone was worth the price of admission. I did like this. It was enjoyable and fun in every way it needed to be, but "Alien" it was not. 3.5/5

Life on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment