Saturday, December 9, 2017

Gerald's Game

I don't remember this book well, but I do remember thinking it was certainly one of King's weaker offerings. When I saw Netflix had made it into a film, I was mystified how it would play on the screen, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was. Carla Gugino was mesmerizing in the lead role, and Bruce Greenwood was very solid as Gerald. I thought the way the script dealt with the setting of the film and the action within it was imaginative and extremely well thought-out. I do have to say I felt it came to a resolution far too quickly and easily. I don't remember it being that way in the book, and it was less than satisfying for me. I would have liked to see the tension play out longer, but, nonetheless, I thought this was a very good adaptation. 3.5/5

Gerald's Game on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment