Friday, December 4, 2015

Inside Out

After this movie came out I had a stream of friends approach me and tell me I had to watch this film, and that I would adore it. As only a lukewarm fan of animated films, I was a bit dubious. But now, now I get it, totally and completely. This is a very important film, perhaps the most important film I've seen in a long while. It addresses depression and mental illness in a completely stigma-free way and allows for a discussion of emotions that everyone should have. Perhaps most vitally, it's done in a way that even young children can understand and relate to. This film should be required viewing for anyone over the age of ten, and I hope there is an endless stream of families that will sit down, watch this, and discuss it together. Absolute perfection. 5/5

Inside Out on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment