Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Hail, Caesar!

I've been sort-of hate-watching the Coen brothers' comedies for a while now in the same way I hate-watch anything by Wes Anderson. A long time ago the Coens and Anderson made movies I absolutely loved, but they've been coming up short for so long I'm beginning to question why I keep coming back. For once, I was very pleasantly surprised by the Coens, because I really enjoyed this. It was an odd plot, that's for sure, but the acting and pacing were top-notch. I was intrigued and engaged thoroughly, and there were moments that really sizzled for me. Channing Tatum's dance number was divine, as was every scene with  Alden Ehrenreich, who I just loved in this. Really entertaining, and enough to keep me watching for another few films. 3.5/5

Hail, Caesar! on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment