Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Bronze

Long time readers of this blog will know that I have precious little patience for crude comedies as they often are raunchy simply for the sake of being so. It was with great trepidation that I rented this, feeling it would fall squarely into this category, but, since the Duplass brothers' backed it, I thought I would give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did, because this was genuinely hilarious and full of heart. Melissa Rauch of Big Bang Theory fame wrote and stared in this, and her script was absolutely on point. Her characters were well rounded, her language only as crude as it needed to be, and her plot well thought out. I was really impressed by this and I truly hope Rauch makes more films - she has a gift for it. Very well done! 4/5

The Bronze on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment