Saturday, December 3, 2016

Star Trek Into Darkness

I'm really struggling with a rating for this film. There was a lot that was good. The acting was good as always, the first two-thirds of the story was good, and I actually really enjoyed Cumberbatch's version of Khan. What I find utterly unforgivable, however, was the last third of the film. How can Abrams get "Star Wars" so right and this film so badly wrong? Without spoiling anything, the changes he made to the end of this story I felt betrayed the characters he is attempting to honor with these films. I so strongly disagree with these choices that I have to condemn this film. And, as a bonus, Abrams' lens flare penchant was worse than I've ever seen it before. It's not a bad movie, but it's a terrible Star Trek movie. I'm going to give it three stars and call it a day. 3/5

Star Trek Into Darkness on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment