Saturday, March 19, 2016

Somm

When I was 22 I developed an allergy to what I thought at the time was alcohol in general, but what I learned later to be an allergy to most barrel-aged liquor. Up until very recently, I thought I was doomed to never taste wine, but then I discovered the magical world of unoaked wine. So, given my new love of unoaked spirits, I jumped at the chance to learn more with this documentary. This film would make a great double-feature with "Kings of Pastry", as both follow sets of candidates through a grueling masters exam. In "Somm" we meet four young sommeliers as they train and cram for their Master Sommelier exam. This film is enlightening, personable, entertaining, and immensely informative - I enjoyed it quite a bit. Highly recommended if you re interested at all in wines. 5/5

Somm on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment