Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Steve Jobs

Having recently watched "Jobs" with Ashton Kutcher I was very curious about this film and how it would differentiate itself from "Jobs". I was especially curious to see Fassbender's performance, especially given his Oscar nod for it, and I wasn't disappointed in either respect. I'm not a huge Danny Boyle fan, as I tend to think he emphasizes style over substance, but this film was more solid in tone and pace than much of his past work. Fassbender did a marvelous job as well, and really took command of the screen as Jobs. But, if I'm being honest, I'll take Kutcher's performance any day of the week and twice on Sunday. While this was a slick film, I preferred the steady pace and scope of "Jobs" and thought Kutcher did a superior turn in the role. That may not be the predominant opinion, but it's mine. 3.5/5

Steve Jobs on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment