Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Clouds of Sils Maria

I don't know how I wound up renting so many movies with Kristen Stewart in them so close together, but this is another one. Again, I protest that anyone who still believes Stewart can't act needs to watch her in something like this, which is essentially a two woman powerhouse drama with her and Juliette Binoche. I maintain that anyone who can stand up to Binoche as Stewart does for nearly two hours is one heck of an actress, because Binoche is magical in this, as in all things. The problem with this movie and the reason it only has three and a half stars is the ending, which is... nonexistent. After investing so much time and energy into these two women, the ending we are given is, quite frankly, insulting. I understand the metaphors at play, I really do, but it is so unsatisfying that I docked a half star for having to suffer through the last fifteen minutes of this. A great movie for one and three quarter hours, but be prepared to hate the end. 3.5/5

Clouds of Sils Maria on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment