Friday, September 16, 2016

The Last Exorcism

#FTRQ "The Last Exorcism" - I steered clear of this film for a long while, mostly because I heard bad things about it. Bu the other day I saw a trailer for "The Last Exorcism 2", and I was intrigued enough to rent this first installment. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a young Caleb Landry Jones in this, as faithful readers will know I try to watch everything he's in. This isn't nearly as bad as I'd heard or feared. It was a well acted horror show, found footage style, which I admit I have a penchant for. The script was interesting and I really enjoyed Patrick Fabian and Ashley Bell in this. I'm happy I saw it, and will now queue up the sequel for next week. 3/5

EDITED TO ADD: I'm glad I hadn't hit send on this yet, because I remembered seeing a song credit for Caleb Landry Jones in the credits. I just did a Google search, and just discovered he makes music too! I'm stunned. Now I'm grateful to have rented this film all the more!

The Last Exorcism on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment