Friday, October 27, 2017

The Collection

I only recent saw "The Collector" and was impressed by it quite a bit. I was interested to see if the sequel would live up to the standard the first did, and, by and large, it did. I somehow missed this when I watched the first film, but these two movies are written and directed by team that wrote the last half of the "Saw" franchise, Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan. They even got Charlie Clouser to score "The Collection", so it seems like the "Saw" team may be back together for a new franchise I was also very happy to see Josh Stewart back in the lead role, as his solid acting really helped sell the first film. The direction and pace of the film were excellent again, but I will say I wish this film had a bit more meat to it. I wanted to know a little more about The Collector before this film ended, but, just from the final scenes, this won't be the last we see of him. A solid film, and I hope to see more in the future. 3.5/5

The Collection on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment