Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Glass Castle

I remember reading this memoir when it came out and being incredibly moved by it. When I saw they were making it into a film I was leery, but, when I saw the casting, I knew it would be a thing of beauty, and it was. Brie Larson and Woody Harrelson should both get nominations this year for their work in this film. In fact, the entire cast, including the youngest children, were all amazing and excelled in bringing the emotion of the story to life. Cretton's screenplay and direction was very intimate and moving. He had such a handle on the small nuances of the story, and it was really beautiful how it all came together. I was really affected by this, and I hope they remember this film during award season. 4.5/5

The Glass Castle on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment