Friday, May 13, 2016

Blue Hawaii

This is my second Elvis film, and I'm still torn about him. This was better to me than "Jailhouse Rock" was. It was fun and silly and played to all of Elvis' strengths as a performer and actor. The problem for me wasn't him, it was the insipid film. There was virtually no plot to speak of, the acting was all pretty terrible, and some of the musical numbers came so out of left field I was left scratching my head. I guess I'm looking for something in between the two films. I want a comedy, but one with a plot and at least some kind of character movement. Does such a thing exist in Elvis' catalog? If so, point me to it, because I'm really hoping to find something I like better than what I've seen thus far. 3/5

Jailhouse Rock on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment