Saturday, May 14, 2016

Enter the Dangerous Mind

OH. MY. GOD. This is so good. So so so good. It had me from the first 90 seconds and never let me go for the whole of the film. Jake Hoffman in the lead role is simply outstanding. I know I've seen him in small parts in other films, but I don't ever remember him in a lead role, so I'm so glad he's now gotten this phenomenal performance under his belt. The direction by Delara and Teran is mind-blowing and visually stunning in a way that utterly complements the plot of the film. The script is tight and beautifully drawn out. Other reviewers refer to "plot twists" - I don't see them as twists at all, as they were obvious and telegraphed in a way to alert the viewer early on to the subtext of the film. But perhaps this films crowning glory is it's music, which sets the perfect stage for everything that occurs throughout this film. I honestly can't say enough good things - this is a true indie gem and worth your time to watch. 5/5

Enter the Dangerous Mind on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment