Thursday, June 23, 2016

Found.

I got this title from a list of indie horror films that were worth watching. I must respectfully disagree. I don't care about the gore and violence of it. I barely flinched at "Martyrs" so this wasn't enough to make me cringe. First of all, the acting was atrociously bad. I feel like everyone in this film was someone the filmmakers knew and not an actual actor at all. It threw me out of the film time and time again - it was quite bad. But perhaps more egregious was the real lack of substance in the script. We never know why anything is happening, how we got here, or where this is going at the end. The writers seemed to think that the presence of the gore made up for the lack of story, which really didn't work for me. The very last scene was the only moment in the film I really loved. Just not good enough for me. 2/5

Found. on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment