Friday, February 3, 2017

Final Destination

It occurred to me that, since I am going through the vast list of horror films/series I missed over the past several years, that I have neglected to watch any of the "Final Destination" films. So, away we go with this long running horror series. This first film does have an interesting premise, and I liked the variety of ways death found to continue to chase these survivors. Unfortunately, the acting was really weak, and the dialogue felt stale and forced. The direction was very cookie-cutter and formulaic, but I still found myself interested in the story and wanted to see how it would end. This wasn't a monumental start to a series that has garnered a lot of praise over the years, so I'll be interested to see how it develops. 3/5

Final Destination on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment