Monday, February 27, 2017

Hacksaw Ridge

I don't know what I can say about this film other than it's without a doubt one of the finest WWII movies ever made. Gibson's direction was nothing short of transcendent. There is a stylization to the movie that seemed a bit strange in the pre-war first hour, but that blossomed in the second, creating a world so tangible I felt I was there. The violence was extreme and very real, shot in an unflinching way that was very honest and more than a little disturbing. There are so many outstanding visual sequences that I was breathtaken by them. Andrew Garfield is simply outstanding in this role, and all the supporting actors were marvelous. The story is incredibly real and very true to reality. It's a stunning story of bravery, and one that humbled me incredibly. This is a fantastic film, worthy of being nominated for everything it was and more. 5/5

Hacksaw Ridge on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment