Saturday, April 15, 2017

Fathers & Daughters

Maybe if I wasn't a mental health professional I would have liked this film, but I hated it. I hated it because the writers didn't have the common sense to even look up the basic facts and symptoms of the disorders they were describing. The inaccuracies were simply astounding. In what world is a seizure disorder a symptom of psychosis? And since when is psychosis "an inability to control one's impulses"? And no, the credentials "psychologist" and "social worker" are not interchangeable, thank you. Don't even get me started on the care and treatment of the young girl in the film. I nearly screamed at most of that. There were SO SO SO many things like this that I had to cringe or curse at the TV everyone five minutes or so. Nothing about this film was real or accurate in any possible way, and it was just painful to watch. I couldn't stand it, but, as I said, that could be my perspective, so take that as you will. 2/5

Fathers & Daughters on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment