Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Eyes of My Mother

This is, by far, one of the most profoundly disturbing and deeply horrific movies I've ever seen. I'm honestly still stunned by what I just saw, and I can watch pretty much anything without flinching. This film had very minimal dialogue, which it really didn't need to convey it's message. I'm incredibly thankful it was also in black and white, as I really don't know if I could have watched it in color. I really can't stress how dark and troubling watching this was, I really can't. Yes, it's very violent, but it's not the gore that makes it so difficult to watch. It's everything you don't see, all that you mind has to fill in, that tipped it over the edge. It's a very powerful film, and if you like this kind of horror, I recommend it, but don't say I didn't warn you. 4/5

The Eyes of My Mother on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment