Saturday, April 8, 2017

Paterson

Straight off the bat, I must confess I am not a Jim Jarmusch fan. I actually doubt I would have rented this had it not been for the presence of Adam Driver, who I love. There's a strange rhythm to this film that I did find myself caught up in. It's a simple, very low-key affair, with strange and interesting characters. One could debate how to view Driver's character for days, which I liked a great deal. The problem, one that I habitually have with Jarmusch's films, was that everything moved at a glacial pace. I don't mind slow, but ten minutes felt more like twenty. Things picked up towards the end, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well everything wrapped up. All in all this wasn't bad - I liked it more than I expected to. 3/5

Paterson on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment