Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hungry Hearts

This movie deeply affected me. I don't think I'm going to forget this movie for a very long time. And because I feel so profoundly touched by this film I was utterly shocked to see some of the mixed and negative reviews on Netflix. I'm struggling even to understand some of the complaints. The direction was odd, unsettling, and edited in a way to cause the viewer to feel disturbed and offput - many reviewers didn't seem to understand this. Many more rushed to diagnose the female lead with one disorder or another, and thus seemed to miss the overall message and tension between the leads. What, thankfully, everyone seems to agree on was the the acting is outstanding. Adam Driver and Alba Rohrwacher gave tour de force performances and made this film truly a gem. I hope more people avoid the negative reviews and watch this film - it is a true gem and will affect you in a deep and profound way. 5/5

Hungry Hearts on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment