Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Jenny's Wedding

I'm conflicted about this film. Ont he one hand, I haven't seen that many films about how it must be for a traditional and somewhat religious family to come to terms with their child's homosexuality. It was refreshing to see this examined in that way. But, on the other, this exploration was really surface at best and lacked the serious emotional depth it needed to really come face-to-face with these issues. I strongly disliked how pat the ending was - I really wanted to see more of a fallout there. I guess I'm most stunned as I know this was by the writer of "Beaches", which was stunning in it's emotional depth. Nothing was wrong with this film per se, but I really wanted more from the script. The performances, however, were excellent, which saved this film's three star review. 3/5

Jenny's Wedding on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment