Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Stanford Prison Experiment

I have a lot to say about this film, but I will endeavor to be brief. As a student of psychology, I know a great deal about this all-too-real experiment. I have been waiting for a lot of years for some one to step up and make an accurate film about this terrifying experiment, and that film has finally arrived. This film is scarily accurate in it's detail and attention to the actual events that took place over those six days. I don't think there's one inaccurate detail in the film, due in part to Dr. Zimbardo's ongoing participation in the making of it. Billy Crudup's Zimbardo was scary good, and Ezra Miller as #8612 and Michael Angarano as "John Wayne" were just astounding standouts. The music set the perfect ambiance, the direction was appropriately claustrophobic, and the script was note-perfect. I couldn't be more pleased that Kyle Patrick Alvarez nailed this. A must-see - everyone needs to see this and remember what we learned in these important six days. 5/5

The Stanford Prison Experiment on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment