Friday, October 28, 2016

Saw II

According to Netflix, I originally gave this film only three stars - I'm going to bump that up to three and a half. This was not directed by James Wan and it shows - the feel of the film was more superficial and generic than the first film. However, the acting is definitely superior to the first film, and the plot held together extremely well even on second viewing. Of the three main twists at the end I only remembered two of them, and even knowing the other two didn't diminish the flourish of the reveals. I think this film is a worthy successor to the original in nearly every way. I'm glad Leigh Whannell was around to co-write this script - he really kept it on track. "Saw III" coming up this weekend. 3.5/5

Saw II on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment