Friday, October 28, 2016

This Must Be the Place

I rented this after being truly stunned by Paolo Sorrentino recent film "Youth", which still lingers in my memory as something very special. This film was also lovingly shot with beautiful visual textures and framing that I found very affecting. Sean Penn is simply outstanding in this very unusual role, but beyond that I'm afraid I don't have much praise to offer. The script for this is all over the road and nonsensical at times. I found myself drifting and not really caring what happened to the characters, and, after how profoundly "Youth" affected me, I was surprised by my lack of interest. This was just okay for me, but I will give Paolo Sorrentino another couple of tries. 3/5

This Must Be the Place on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment