Thursday, October 27, 2016

Saw

My regular readers will know I recently declared my intention to finally watch the entire "Saw" series in my effort to catch up on many of the horror franchises I have been missing. I have only seen the first three installments of the "Saw" series, and I remember none of them well enough, so I'm starting from scratch with the first film. I remembered many of the twists of this rather ingenious plot, in particular the dramatic ending, so I was curious if the film would hold up even knowing what I did. Surprisingly it did. I remember being substantially confused when I first saw the film as the narrative changes and plot twists had me rather confused at times. It was much easier to follow this time through, and I found there were so many small details I had missed originally that jumped out at me now. I still found the acting to be pretty awful, and Wan has grown a lot as a director since this film, but it's a solid piece with suspenseful elements that weren't present in much of the horror of the day. I enjoyed this reviewing and am looking forward to the rest of the series. 4/5

Saw on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment