Sunday, October 30, 2016

Saw III

In many ways, this movie is just a solid and well thought out as the original. That's not a surprise when you note that Leigh Whannell and James Wan wrote it together, just as they did the first film. The plot is very tight and well controlled, with twists coming quickly throughout the film. I didn't remember the ending, and I was at the edge of my seat with it. The problem for me with this film is that the amount of violence and sheer gore rose dramatically from the first two films. The first two were violent, but you didn't see a ton of the violence on camera, just the aftermath of it. This film was gore-tastic the whole way through, and it added nothing. I hope the filmmakers remember that, at its heart, "Saw" was as much of a psych thriller as a horror film, if not more so. This was the last "Saw" film I watched, so I'm moving into uncharted territory next week. 4/5

Saw III on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment