Thursday, January 19, 2017

Willow Creek

Bobcat Goldthwait tries his hand at horror and does a decent job of it in this found-footage Bigfoot flick. This is a better version of a "Blair Witch" movie than that god-awful "Blair Witch" sequel was. Just one couple camping in the woods, looking for Bigfoot, and all hell slowly breaks loose. There's a long, extended shot that lasts for several minutes without moving the camera at all towards the end. I thought I would end up being annoyed with it, but the tension build so nicely during it that I was genuinely impressed. I do think that there is a two-second shot at the end that simply doesn't need to be there, but that may be my personal preference for this type of film, which I truly do love. All in all, a good horror film. 3.5/5

Willow Creek on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment