Friday, March 24, 2017

88

Oh my gods, this was so awesome. This is possibly the first film I've seen that gets the concept of a fugue state reasonably right, so it gets points for just that. The writing is so deft and so complex that I found myself completely enthralled from the first minute to the last. The direction is outstanding and very moody. But the reason this film succeeds so much is the talent of the lead, Katharine Isabelle. She had the task of playing multiple characters through multiple timelines, and she was so good at differentiating them that I could tell in an instant, from the way she stood or cocked her head or walked, who she was and when. It was a truly outstanding performance, and I'm definitely going to seek out more of her work. An excellent film, highly recommended. 4.5/5

88 on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment