Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Evolution

I have a pretty significant case of trypophobia (a proposed phobia of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps), so there were large swaths of this movie that were extremely physically difficult for me to watch. Difficult enough that, even though I was engrossed in what were happening, I became so queasy and ill that I nearly turned it off. So, be forewarned, if you have difficulty looking at things with holes or clusters of strange things (just look up the word trypophobia on Google and you'll know right away if this bothers you), I might not rent this. It is a fascinating story though, one I'm not sure I totally understood. So much of it is left to our imagination, as we see everything through the sight of one young boy. It's hard to get a full understanding of what's happening, and the end became a bit too confusing for me. Still, it was terribly intriguing, and, even though I can't watch it again, I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery. 3/5

Evolution on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment