Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Bye Bye Man

I've been waiting for a while to get this film, and it didn't disappoint me. What I find interesting is the complete dichotomy of the Netflix reviews. People either love this or hate it, but I've noticed that, if they loved it, like me, they were observant. There's a lot going on in the background of this movie. Things just slightly out of frame, in shadow, blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of things. The more I noticed, the creepier and more effective the film was. The direction was quite well done in this way, and it paid off for those who look for the little things like I tend to do. I bet if I watched it again and again, I'd still not catch them all. The acting was fairly solid, and the script compelling and well-paced. I enjoyed this, and I will be trying not to let "don't think it don't say it" live in my head for very long. 4/5

The Bye Bye Man on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment