Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Scott Walker: 30 Century Man

I have to admit I'd never heard Scott Walker's music before watching this film. I'm a fan of nearly every genre and type of music, but, if I'm being truthful, Walker's work just isn't for me. I'm a Bartok fan, I like some discord in my harmony, but this was a little too much for me personally. Given that introducing new people to Walker's music was the main goal of this film, I deem it a success. The whole of Walker's career was sifted through and and I really got a sense of how he grew into the influential artist he is today. However, I do wish I could have understood more about Walker the man. I wanted to really know what made him tick, and in that regard the movie didn't work quite as well. This was just average for me. 3/5

Scott Walker: 30 Century Man on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment