Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Hateful Eight

Oh dear. If I hadn't seen "Inglourious" or "Django" I might be tempted to be done with Tarantino after this god awful mess. This was needlessly long, gory for no real point, crass, and just plain annoying. I lost count of how many times I heard the "n" word, most of the time just for shock value and not to further the plot. By the end of the first hour I was rolling my eyes at how ridiculous a story this was. By the end of the second, I was exclaiming out loud. By the end I was just cursing Tarantino for being so utterly self-indulgent at the sake of what could have been a decent movie if it had an editor and a much better writer. The actors were all great, but that's to be expected. Oh, and only Kim Ki-Duk gets to write things like "The 8th film by" before the title. Tarantino gets maybe one more shot from me before i toss him on the same pile I threw Malick a while back. Ugh. 2/5

The Hateful Eight on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment