Friday, July 29, 2016

The Divergent Series: Allegiant

I have mixed feelings about this movie and this series as a whole. I enjoyed the first film, but I felt the second veered too far into the "main character as a Christ-child" trope. This last film in the series doubled down on the Christ-child imagery and didn't give me enough of the people and city in which I had developed an interest. I appreciate knowing more of the story, but I felt it was at the expense of everything this series had worked so hard to build up. I saw every turn coming and every plot point the script was going to hit way before it did. However, in spite of that, I was engaged by the film and did enjoy it on some level. I would be interested in seeing the fourth installment if it ever gets made, as this really wasn't a satisfying ending for me. Overall, it was okay, but nothing spectacular. 3/5

The Divergent Series: Allegiant on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment