Monday, November 7, 2016

Me Before You

I believe this movie gets a bad rap because of it's very controversial stance on ending life. Many people object morally to the notion that a quadriplegic person could and should have the right to end their life. I get that, I do, and, as a mental health professional, I would want to do everything I could to help change this character's mind. However, as a mental health professional, I also know that, if someone is determined to end their life, there really isn't anything you can do about it, and I would want it to happen in as kind and loving a manner as possible. I think the characters in this film were well scripted, the acting was lovely, and the direction solid. It's a tough movie on some levels, but I enjoyed it all the same. 3.5/5

Me Before You on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment