Friday, November 25, 2016

Uno

A few months back I watched the Norwegian film "Buddy", and was impressed enough by it that I was interested to see the writing and directorial debut of "Buddy" costar Aksel Hennie. I'm so glad I did, because this is a truly exceptional film. Watching Hennie's character David fall further and further down a well of misfortune and despair was absolutely captivating. I felt for him so strongly for the length of the film, and the tendrils of the plot spooled themselves out to perfection. The direction was deft with a strong use of music to highlight key moments. The acting was really solid, and the ending very appropriate and strong. I really loved this and will be actively searching for more films by Hennie - he's a talent to watch. 4.5/5

Uno on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment