Monday, November 7, 2016

Saw VI

Well, when I'm wrong I'll say it, and I was wrong when I thought the "Saw" team was moving too far from its origins in "Saw V", because this film is right back in the pocket. In my review of "Saw V" I mentioned the one big question from the series, one from the end of film three, that hadn't been answered and I thought never would. Well, they answered it in the sixth film in brilliant fashion. I am completely stunned by the seamless nature of this franchise. There are no holes, no mistakes, no gaping problems, no hiccups in the plot or the characters. It's impossible for me to believe this whole story wasn't scripted from the beginning, but, were that true, there would be a "story by Leigh Whannell" credit and there isn't. I have read that they planned to go to eight films but ended at seven, so I'm just dying to see how this ends. Only after I watch the last film will I search out to see if this was all plotted from the beginning. As it is, I truly understand why this is such a beloved horror franchise, because it's just brilliant. 4/5

Saw VI on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment