Thursday, November 3, 2016

Saw IV

Well now, things just got interesting, didn't they? This is the first "Saw" film I haven't already seen, so it was all new to me. I admit I spent the first half of the film rather confused. The ending of "Saw III" was so ripe for an immediate sequel that I couldn't understand why we were seeing the story we were. And then, as they always do, the pieces started falling into place, and it was absolutely amazing how all of the first three films were tied in together for this installment. I was shocked that Whannell didn't write this, but it's clear that those who did paid a great deal of attention to his details. Director Darren Lynn Bousman, who has directed all but the first film, has really come into his own in this film. And the excessive gore problem I had with "Saw III" is gone here - this went right back to the thriller roots. I really enjoyed this and am in wonder at the ending. Well done, and I just got "Saw V" today, so onward! 4/5

Saw Iv on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment