Thursday, November 10, 2016

Saw: The Final Chapter

It's a rare feat for any franchise with seven films to have as strong a seventh chapter as they had a first, but that is what the "Saw" franchise managed to accomplish. To my eye, there is only one small, insignificant question left unanswered from the whole of the series - all else was developed and realized fully and completely. I have been careful not to list cast members or give character names, as I want to preserve the secrets of these films for those who haven't seen them. And, if you haven't seen them and you are a horror fan as I am, you really really need to, as they are truly excellent. I didn't even mind the extra gore in this, as there is a perfect reason for that too. But there's a reason for everything in this series, if you give it long enough. Magnificent job, and bravo to the team who kept this franchise going so well. 3.5/5

Saw: The Final Chapter on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment