Monday, August 28, 2017

Annabelle

When I first saw "The Conjuring" I was supremely interested in the Annabelle doll and it's story. I had hoped that eventually we would learn more about the doll, so when I heard that this movie had been released I was really happy. The good news is that this film really looks and feels like like it belongs in the "Conjuring" universe, and that's a compliment. Although not directed by Wan, this film had a similar tone and pacing to Wan's films, and I appreciated the attention to detail. The acting was fairly good, but I felt let down by the script, which felt very by-the-numbers to me. Plot-wise there wasn't much to this film, and atmosphere alone will only take a horror movie so far. In the end, this was good but not great, but I do hope for more films set in the "Conjuring" universe. 3/5

Annabelle on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment