Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Death of April

The DVD I was going to watch tonight stopped playing halfway through, so I found this indie horror film on Amazon streaming and watched it. It's the kind of film I tend to like, but, really, I've seen pretty much this same film several times over. There was nothing new at all about this film - if you've seen "Paranormal Activity" or anything like it, you've seen this film. The other big problem was the acting, which was really weak across the board. I do understand this was an IndieGogo funded project and thus made for barely any money, but these type of films almost entirely hinge on me believing the characters are believing what's happening to them, and I just didn't. I'm sorry, but this really didn't work for me, although I will give them points for trying. 2/5

Death of April on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment