Monday, August 7, 2017

Partisan

Y'know, I'm all for films that require a bit of work from the audience. I love films that make me think or figure things out or see the subtext beneath the surface. What I'm not for is when films pretend that you will be able to figure things out if you try hard enough and then never give you anywhere near enough information to understand anything that's happening. I honestly have no freaking idea what I just watched. I don't know when this film took place (post apocalypse maybe?), where it took place, who the characters were, what their relation was to each other, or why they were doing anything they did. Literally none of that was clear at all. And then, it just ends. All of a sudden. With no warning or clue about what was happening or going to happen after the end. That was so annoying. I have to give it two stars because the acting was strong, as was the cinematography, but the plot? Non-existent. Bah humbug.  2/5

Partisan on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment