Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Moana

Well, I think I'm in the minority with this film, because I wasn't really jazzed by it. I saw a lot of similarities between this film and "Kubo and the Two Strings" in terms of message and how the story unfolded. But I also felt that it was trying to be witty and clever and endearing ln the way that "Trolls" was. Unfortunately, because those two purposes were at odds with each other, I felt this film failed to really deliver on either front. I thought the message of the film came off as trite and actually played into some of the gender stereotypes it was trying to overcome. I also felt much of the humor felt stale and the songs weren't nearly as good as in other Disney films or in "Trolls". In the end, this didn't really do it for me I'm sorry to say. 3/5

Moana on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment