Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Fireworks Wednesday

A few weeks ago I saw "The Separation", an understated drama by Iranian director Asghar Farhadi, and I enjoyed it so much I immediately put more of his films in my queue. This quiet little drama by Farhadi really hit me in the heart and the gut. It takes such a talent to write deftly-crafted stories with well-rounded characters and still keep the film very low-key, understated, and cerebral. These are stories that make you think, and the more your think about what you are seeing, the more you will see, and the harder the story hits you when it all finally unravels. I was incredibly impressed by this, and will definitely continue to go through Farhadi's catalogue. Highly recommended. 4/5

Fireworks Wednesday on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment